Friday, October 5, 2018

Day +22 Surreal

Date: 10.05.2018
Time: 8:15pm

HGB: 12.6
PLT: 159
WBC: 5.62
ANC: 2.73

Well, I continue to lose my hair. I thought that I was pretty much as bald as I was going to get, but as I was washing my...head (by the way, what exactly are you supposed to wash your bald head with? Body wash? Shampoo? Mr. Clean? ) A bunch of little whiskery hairs kept coming off on the wash cloth. I have one patch right in the front that is still hanging on, and I'm convinced that if I hadn't shaved it, I'd have a cupie doll curl right in the top front. How attractive.

My face is also filling out and I'm starting to get the traditional "moon face" that usually goes hand in hand with prolonged high doses of Prednisone. I look in the mirror and I hardly recognize myself.  I tried to remedy that somewhat by putting on makeup the other day, but the Tacrolimus that I am on makes me so shaky that I ended up looking like Edward Scissorhands - well bald, fat Edward Scissorhands.

Things continue to go well healthwise, and my Dr. said that I'm doing "so, so, well" when I saw her yesterday.  I feel like a shell of a human being though.  I'm not allowed yet to resume my life in any way that feels even a little bit normal, I look like the marshmallow man version of myself, I barely sleep, and I spend my time devising menial tasks to keep myself occupied.

No comments:

Post a Comment