Saturday, November 17, 2018

Day +65 Sleepy

Date: 11.17.18
Time: 5:10pm

Blood counts: all good

Still struggling with fatigue.  I slept all day again yesterday.  (Hey, at least I'm sleeping now, right?)  My prednisone has been reduced to 5mg daily, so that is probably part of the reason why I'm so tired.  The edema...the edema is still there.  Last week, the doctor finally agreed to let me take lasix, which is a diuretic or a "water pill" and it seemed to be helping some.  However, this week, I showed up with what looked like a razor rash on my shins...turns out, lasix has a "sulfa drug" component.  Which I am allergic to.  So no more lasix.  I've been doing my best to avoid a lot of salt, and wearing compression stockings, but every morning I wake up and can see the seams of my pants imprinted in my legs from ankle all the way up my thigh, so I'm retaining quite a bit of water, but can't really do much about it.  Since I'm not having any breathing or heart issues, the plan is once again continue to monitor, and do what I can, personally, to try to keep myself comfortable. 

Still very little hair on my head.  I'm starting to get a tiny bit of stubble, but at the rate that it is growing, I will never have long hair again.  I do wear a wig every once in a while, but if I'm doing anything other than sitting around, they make me really hot really fast, and it ain't a pretty sight when I start sweating my bald little ass off.   

Sitting around my house with hair.


So really, I sleep a lot.  I do a few things around the house when I'm able.  I eat more than I should for the level of exercise that I get (slim to none), and I'm still pretty much on lock down at home, except for my weekly appointments at UCLA, which is for the best, because I'm terrified on getting an infection (a cold, the flu) and the less exposure that I have to people, the better.  I'm beginning to realize that my recovery is going to take a lot longer than I had originally anticipated, since I can't even make it through an entire day right now without a 4 hour nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment